Liebster is German and means lovely or dearest and this award is given by bloggers to bloggers. It provides a nice way for fellow bloggers to meet and publicize their site to the general public. I was honored to see that Hannah from Joyful Life (please go give her a follow if you don't already) was sharing the "award" with me!
So now, I'm going to pass it along to some of my favorite bloggers!
The rules that apply when receiving the Liebster Award are...
-Link back to the blog that nominated you
-Nominate 5-11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers (I'm basing mine on bloglovin' because that's how i follow blogs. I realize many of you have more than 200 followers in other sources.)
-Answer questions posted by you from your nominator
-Share 11 random facts about yourself
-Create 11 Questions for your nominees to answer
-Contact your nominees and let them know!
Here are my questions to answer...
1. What is the best gift you have ever received?
A crocheted blanket my Nannie made for me.
2. What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?
Ridden in a bus on Nassau... don't think it's adventurous? Don't knock it til you've experienced it.
3. What is your favourite blog post you have ever written?
Either this one here or any of these.
4. What is your favourite meal to make?
stir-fry. rice, veggies, chicken. easy peezy.
5. What are your hopes for your blog?
this is a funny question to me because i've honestly never really thought about it. i hope my blog can be a place where people are inspired to try things, whether that's a recipe, a craft, a design theme, an outfit idea... i like to share things that i love and inspire me and i hope Splendid Actually is that for others.
6. What is your favourite accessory right now?
this headband here.
7. Favourite book?
of all time? little women.
8. What essential do you always have on hand, or in your purse?
some sort of lip product, whether it's chapstick, lipgloss, or lipstick
9. Where is your favourite spot to vacation?
anywhere that has soft sand, sun, and waves
10. What inspires you most these days?
the weather. when the sun is shining i just have to get out and do something in it.
11. What is your favourite season and why?
a tie between summer and fall. summer has great sunshine, my birthday, and the pool. fall has my favorite fashion, great camping weather, and the beginning of holiday season - which i love!
11 Random facts...
1. i hate painting my nails but i love when they are painted
2. i tend to paint my nails in the car and KJB loves me for it ;) (note the sarcasm there?)
3. my collection of notebooks and stationary is ridiculously large
4. so is my collection of pens and pencils
5. q-tips weird me the heck out
6. it takes me exactly one hour to get ready in the morning if i shower the night before
7. i'm horrible at applying sunless tanner
8. starting my day by listening to klove has changed my life
9. i dream all night, every night. and most of the time i can remember them. sometimes it makes me feel like i never sleep.
10. no soda for me. i gave up drinking soda (except for the very rare jack & diet coke and the even more rare frozen coke at movies) in july of 2011.
11. i get giggly at the thought of a chia latte. so that happens a good three times a week.
11 questions for my nominees...
1. think like a kid again... you could be anything in the world. what would you be?
2. what animal are you most like?
3. what is your favourite song?
4. i love colors. what is your favourite color combination right now?
5. what do you have a lot of?
6. ice cream is my treat of choice all year round. what's yours?
7. what diy project are you most excited to try? share a link.
8. what is your favourite blog post you've ever written?
9. where do you like to shop the most?
10. what are your favourite types of blog posts to read?
11. tell me i'm not the only one. are you bad at applying self-tanner? or are you a pro? share your tips ;)
-Courtney from Notably Neurotic
-Amy from Sweet Home Santa Barbara
-Julie from An Anchor for the Soul
-Hannah from Little Words & Little Pictures
-Mary from The Sauers
-the ladies from Pure & Simple
-Amy from Five Kinds of Happy